August 3, 2013

Back in Augusta

Hey Ya'll!

This week has been a good week! I finished my last day of summer school Monday (whoop whoop)!  Now all I have is my independent study course starting in August.  Chris enrolled back into Mississippi State, so he will take 15 hours online starting in August to get a step closer to finishing his degree as well.  On Tuesday, I ran some house errands with mom before heading back to Augusta.  I was so ready to see my husband after three weeks of being apart.  Last season I got so good at the whole being apart thing.  I guess I've gotten spoiled to being with him this season because three weeks apart was not too much fun! I was going to have to leave Tupelo at like 4:00 AM to make it back to see him before the game.  I missed him and all, but not that much, so I left in time to get back for the end of the game.  I came by the apartment to drop the dogs off before heading to the field.  I walked in to an extremely clean apartment and hydrangeas (my favorites) sitting on the table.  I am so thankful to have such a sweet and thoughtful husband! He had also washed our sheets, towels, and all his laundry so there was literally nothing for me to do when I got back.  Which was great since the next day all I did was sleep haha.  I had no idea how much moving, painting, and my crazy school schedule had worn me out the past three weeks.  It is definitely taking me this week to recover.  I've stayed home from some of the games this week just to catch up on some much needed rest!  

Chris pitched last night and did awesome! His Aunt Sandy, Uncle Mark, Luke, and grandparents were here.  I'm glad they were here to watch such an awesome outing.  He went 8.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 3 BB, and 7 K.  It felt like I haven't seen him pitch in person in forever.  For the first time in a while, I got butterflies walking into the ballpark.  I'm thankful to be back supporting him by being here.

Next week looks like this...the boys leave for Rome, Georgia on Monday for a three day road trip.  I'm going to sit this one out because Chris isn't pitching until they get to Greensboro on Thursday.  Rome to Greensboro is a pretty long drive so logistically it makes more sense for me to meet the boys in Greensboro.  I'm trying to make as many of these last road trips as possible since we only have a month left this season.  It is crazy to think that our first full season is almost over.  We are excited to spend the offseason in Tupelo, but I'm sure we won't know what to do without baseball games every night!

As far as the house goes...we are getting there.  The floors were finished completely today.  There a few small things that still have to be done, but it is starting to come together!  I had to move all of our stuff from Starkville to Tupelo, so most of the furniture is in its place.  I spent my three weeks driving back and forth to get things as ready as possible before we get home.  I can't wait to post the pictures of it all done and decorated!  

That is all I have for today!  I hope ya'll have a great rest of the weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on your posts and I am so happy about your classes for you!! I know you are so relieved and happy! Also glad you are back with your man! And can I just say I am so excited to see the before and after pictures of your house!! :)